Friday 24 June 2016

Round-up of my current crochet wips - keen on green

Hello,


Thanks once more for your kind comments, I love them! And one more thing: welcome to my latest new followers, it's wonderful that you are interested to check out my little blog place!

Just in time for the weekend, I thought I would give you a little round-up of all my crochet wips which I'm currently juggling.

You are probably aware of some of them, but then I started two more since only a week ago....

Sometimes, it seems that these projects just start themselves!!!

Ok, time to get real! Here it goes...

These are my current FIVE crochet wips

My current crochet wips

WIP NO. 1 ; AIRY CROCHET TOP

I started this in the early spring when it still was pretty cold. Took it out again last week to continue working on it to get it finished for the warmer weather now.

(find the first post about it here)

Airy Crochet Top

Last night's crochet



WIP NO. 2 ; LACY FEATHER AND FAN WRAP
Again, started a few months ago, then took a break because I realised I would need a second skein which I had to order specially. Now it has arrived, I can continue. The first skein is nearly finished.

Blogpost is here.

The Lacy Feather and Fan Wrap



WIP NO. 3 ; NEON WAVES SUMMER SCARF

Look, I added some more rows, hopefully it will also be finished before long!

Check also this blog post.



My Neon Waves Summer Scarf


And here are the surprise new works in progress:



WIP NO. 4 ; ARTESANO LACY SOUTH BAY SHAWLETTE

Last Thursday, I received some yarn I had ordered from Artesano. This is the lovely Hand painted Alpaca Silk Lace. As you can gather from the name alone, it is gorgeous to work with, nice and silky. It is also very very fine - there are 400m to 50g. I only got the one ball because I wanted to see what it is like, so now it looks like I might have to order more.... ;)

As I mentioned to Lizette before, I was trying hard to stop myself making another South Bay Shawl, but as you can see, it started itself regardless! I am using a fine 3mm hook, so the stitches are very tiny. I love holding it, it feels so luxurious! I definitely would recommend this yarn (my own honest opinion), you can check it out here on the Artesano website (there is a 33% discount sale for a few days still). It's also a good idea to sign up for their newsletter for promotions.


Artesano Lacy South Bay Shawlette

Making slowly progress



WIP NO. 5 ; OCEAN STRIPES WRAP SHAWL


This is my own design, and it will be quite large. I am using Alize Diva Batik yarn, which is 100% Microfibre and is easy to work with. Of course I love the colours, look: some shades even match my current nail varnish and the summer top I was wearing!

The rows are very very long, and I already had to frog about 1500 stitches in one go because I simply missed a stitch somewhere and did not notice it at the time. Yes, I know, always check your work! And I did, but hey, it can happen.

Previous evening

 

Ocean Stripes Wrap Shawl



Right, that's all about the wips. When I laid them out for the photo, I noticed that there was green in each project, I think it had something to do when spring did not arrive and I was yearning to see something green I guess. I kept choosing new yarn with green in it!


On another note, I had just bought some second hand yarn and it was like this:


Lovely messy yarn

So this week I have been trying to untangle it and start winding it into little balls and cakes. It seems to take forever, I tell you. I think I must be half way there.

I am also unsure what the content is, I checked the internet for details about how to find it, seems like I need to do a burn test! (Don't worry, just a small strand, not the whole yarn!!!) I already worked out it is 4ply yarn.

But one thing is for sure, it just makes me happy looking at this colour combination. Lots of blues and interesting mauve.



And last, not least I leave you with a photo from yesterday lunchtime when it was the hottest day so far. Such a lovely cloudscape!!!

 

Thanks once again for visiting and reading to the end, I really appreciate it!
 
If you want to say anything, go ahead and say it in the little box below! :)

13 comments:

  1. A lot of WIPs but all impressive, love the lacy south bay shawlette beautiful yarn. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine. I agree with you, that yarn is amazing! Enjoy yours! xx

      Delete
  2. You have been very busy my friend, I am loving all of your projects.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I know the feeling, sometimes these projects start itselves :-) I'm busy with 4 projects now!
    I like your neon scarf a lot, and that airy top seems wonderful too!
    Have a nice weekend,
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so we are fellow wipaholics! :)) Have a good time. We got the Funk Food Festival in Hemiksem for the second year, hope it does not rain... xx

      Delete
  4. Hi i love all of your projects.
    i thought i was the only one with loads of projects on the go at once. So it very reassuring lm not a lone. Thanks for a lovely wander around your blog.
    I'm in spain at the moment everyday is blue like your photo.
    Have a good week Ingrid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Jacky, you are lucky to be in sunny Spain! Today it is a bit cooler again! Enjoy your stay and have fun with your crochet! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Haha, another South bay! :) I love the Ocean stripes. Must be nice yarn to work with. I think I have 3 projects on the run right now, and a bunch of ufo's...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you got me! They are just irresistible, aren't they!? Thanks for your comments! xx

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I love your excuse: these projects started themselves! Haha! You make me smile with your happy blog.
    We will believe you ;-)
    I love green too. I have some green silk mohair which is about to start making itself into a pretty fringed scarf. I love pretty, fresh, spring greens and clear, bright lime greens and deep, rich forest greens... actually, I thought I only preferred a few shades of green but, in responding to your post, I've discovered that I must be a green freak in general. Thank you for the counselling session, Ingrid! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! I love your excuse: these projects started themselves! Haha! You make me smile with your happy blog.
    We will believe you ;-)
    I love green too. I have some green silk mohair which is about to start making itself into a pretty fringed scarf. I love pretty, fresh, spring greens and clear, bright lime greens and deep, rich forest greens... actually, I thought I only preferred a few shades of green but, in responding to your post, I've discovered that I must be a green freak in general. Thank you for the counselling session, Ingrid! :-)

    ReplyDelete