Thursday 9 June 2016

My Neon Waves Summer Scarf

Hello, lovely to see you!


Thanks for your visit here, I know you probably would rather sit in the garden with a cool drink and some fun crochet than spend time on the internet reading blog posts! What? You are actually sitting in the garden, reading this for a moment, whilst nestling your crochet on your lap and sipping from that delicious cool drink?

Congratulations, I admire you for your brilliant multi tasking!!! Well done!!! ;)

Here is something new for you!


Neon Waves Summer Scarf


Well last week I found 4 x balls of lovely bright mercerised cotton by Schoeller & Stahl or should I say it found me? Anyway, I instantly knew what I wanted to make from it!

I wanted to make one of these wavy patterns, where the stitch size varies, goes up and down again to create soothing waves.

So I came up with this!




Rhubarb and Custard?



I started on Tuesday evening, sitting on my balcony with Jasper the cat who helped me with my crochet. In fact he got pretty protective of this project since...



Deciding on my first two colours


Making Waves!



How the waves sit next to each other
Jasper the crochet helper

Jasper guarding my crochet against intruders

Ooh, colour number 4 now...

Making good progress

This is what I am hoping that the scarf will look like!

In case you are wondering - I laid the scarf in layers to simulate how it should look, my computer still hasn't learnt how to crochet!

I just seem to love scarves and shawls! And I can't help myself with starting new projects!!!

What is your favourite summer project? I better let you get back to it now...

Happy crocheting!!!

24 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrid,
    I'm actually sitting inside on the couch while typing this, I'm waiting for dinner to arrive from the kitchen (my dad's very busy cooking hihi) I just love love love the pattern for the summer scarf. I admire the colours, even though I wouldn't easily pick them myself. But now I see them on your project I just love it. My favorite summer project is I think the shawl I already made 2 times and you can now see at my blog. the shawl from the book Kant Haken. Really easy haha. Have a nice evening.

    Sweet greetings,
    Emily
    (casacreaemilia.blogspot.nl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, thanks so much! I love both of your shawls, too! Lovely patterns and yarn choices! xx

      Delete
  2. Still a little cool here for sitting in the garden, although I have been able to get out into the garden to work, weeding and such. LOVE the scarf, such a great pattern and lovely bright colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine! Well it seems we finally got a heat wave here, round 27-28 degrees the last few days (after all that rain before). It's fantastic to sit on the balcony here late afternoon/early evening, the sun comes round and it is so lovely. Before that it is really too hot to sit there for long...

      Glad you like the scarf! xx

      Delete
  3. How lovely, these vibrant colours! I came over from the link party at Lunamon Design. I hope to see you on my link party on weekends too. Have a lovely day! ♥
    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Annemarie, thank you very much for your visit and the offer. I will post on your blog as well! Take care! xx

      Delete
  4. Hello Ingrid,
    I looove the colours. They're so brilliant and lively!
    Happy crocheting,
    Marjan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marjan,

      You have come to right place for that, haha! :) Enjoy your crochet time! xx

      Delete
  5. Are you sure that Jasper was guarding your crochet? Maybe he'd rather play with it when you finally stopped photographing and left for a while :-)
    I like those colours once again!
    Nice design!
    Take care,
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sigrid, last night he did it again! Then I noticed that he laid down his head onto the balls of yarn. I think it is his sign of approval - saying, thanks for leaving me a nice bed to sleep on! :)) xx

      Delete
  6. Such bright, happy, summer colours. Your introduction was fun to read. Your pages always cheer me.
    That wavy pattern you are working is similar to the wavy patterns in the scarves that I'm currently working on.
    Great minds think alike! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jodie, I just glimpsed your version of this pattern, you are using mohair, right? It looks stunning!!! Just goes to show what a good pattern can do - it will look great in different yarns! :) I'd love to see what other mohair scarves you have made/are making! Next time would you please post a photo on your page?

      Absolutely !!! so many patterns, so little time.... ;) xx

      Delete
  7. I love the wonderful, bright colors Ingrid. It is going to be so bright and cheerful when it is done.
    MEredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mere, yes, it will be great for summer! Have a nice weekend! :) xx

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, very much, Liz. I'm going to add your blog to my bloglist, it's always nice to 'meet' new fellow cricketers! Hope to see you back soon! xx

      Delete
  9. It's lovely! I'm glad to have found your blog through Annemarie's link-up, so many beautiful things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tuula, happy that you found me, too. Looks like you also love a colourful crochet life. I will also add your blog to my reading list! Take care! xx

      Delete
  10. It looks really great! Shame your computer can't crochet, I can't get it to teach mine to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, Amy! ;) Have a nice week ahead! xx

      Delete
  11. Fabulous..a great stitch for random dyed yarns too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sue, Thanks so much! That's a great idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I just found your blog through handmade by Amalia, I love this scarf! Great colours and a good pattern. And what a gorgeous cat you have. He puts a smile on your face! Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anna, lovely of you to visit my blog, thanks for your kind comments! I will check out your blog and add it to my bloglovin reading list! I encourage you to do the same if you like what you see here, then you never miss a post from me.
      PS; I also got another cute cat called Cleo! :)) Take care! xx

      Delete