Sunday 8 January 2017

New Blue Shawlette

Hello my blog friends,


Thanks so much for all your lovely comments and birthday wishes*, much appreciated!

Meanwhile I came up with another idea for as shawl and got started straight away!

I had some Drops Delight sock yarn in different shades of blue which seemed like a good choice!
To be on the safe side, I did order some extra, just in case!

Since this is fingering weight yarn, a 3.5mm hook is recommended, but I went with a 4mm as I wanted it to be more lacy! Also, I crochet a bit loosely, so another person might get the same result with a 4.5mm if they crochet tightly!


Blue Shawlette


My design started out with the longest side of the shawl. This meant I had to decide how large I wanted to make it. I decided to go with a shawlette size, something that is large enough to wrap around the neck and wear at the front, or alternatively, wear it open and just over the shoulders.

I started on Wednesday and finished it this afternoon. By that I mean that the main body of the shawl is complete, but it still needs to be blocked and then I will design a border that goes with it.

So, this is the shawl - as it currently is!!!

(pictures are in reverse order!)


Blue Shawlette 08.01.2017

This afternoon...

This morning - in the snow and wearing my new boots!





I enjoyed creating this design and part of the fun is that the rows get shorter each time! :)



*My birthday

I had a lovely day, spent it mostly with my youngest daughter who baked an(other) fantastic cake! Later we went into Antwerp and I bought some things with my birthday money! In the evening we went for a Mexican meal!

So, that's all for now, until next time!

Have a great week!!



13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great birthday, always nice to spend quality time with family. Beautiful shawl, love the stunning shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lorraine, yes, it was! The blues are all in this lovely (and pretty cheap!) sock yarn by Drops. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ingrid,
    It sounds like you had a great birthday. I really like your blue shawl. Very beautiful blue.

    Sweet greetings,
    Emily
    (casacreaemilia.blogspot.nl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily, glad you like it! It still needs a border!! :)

      Delete
  4. Love your shawl Ingrid. So glad you had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een mooie shawl weer! Ik vind de foto in de sneeuw met je nieuwe laarzen erbij echt heel cool! Ze passen er mooi bij, echt leuk. Klinkt ook als een fijne verjaardag :)
    Groetjes

    ReplyDelete
  6. The different blue colors work so well with each other! The shawl reminds me of a swim in a icecold sea! :)

    Take care
    Anne
    Crochet Between Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated birthday wishes, Ingrid, and all the best for the new year. The shawl is lovely!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything okay with you Ingrid??

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great to see you so busy on Instagram,Ingrid. Are you intending to move your blogging to Instagram entirely? I do hope you will continue to post more newsy details about your projects on this blog too. 💗

    ReplyDelete