Monday 6 June 2016

My Noro Lion's Foot Stitch Flower Scarf

Hello my dear Blog friends,


Thanks for stopping by. Today I promise you lots of colour, so put your sunglasses on!!!


Very recently I made myself a quick scarf. It just happened!!!

One Monday I visited Lana, one of my favourite Wool shops in Antwerp and managed to find just one single ball of Noro Kureyon Sock yarn in a wonderful array of colours! I knew it was meant for me! It appears long discontinued, no chance to find anymore, unfortunately!

On Tuesday I started and by Saturday it was finished! I have been wearing it a lot since then!



My Noro Flower Scarf



This is my *nearly finished scarf, made from just a single 100g ball of yarn!

Noro Kureyon Sock yarn

Wound into a yarn cake - such amazing colours!


 
This is the first row of flowers

The scarf is made from four flower rows



*Nearly finished, because at the end I had about 20g left, from which I decided to make tassels! They ended up being about 25 cm long.



Ta-dah! My finished scarf






Thanks so much for your patience lately. I know this post was a bit overdue, but you might not know that I recently had to work hard for my Dutch exams which were only last week. For one of them I had to have read a book and then give a comprehensive written account and answer a lot of questions. The other exam was my oral exam which also needed preparation. I will have to wait a bit now before I get my results.

I will try and catch up now, thanks for all your support and last comments, much appreciated!

Feel free to leave me your comments!
Enjoy the nice weather!!!

25 comments:

  1. Love the scarf, the yarn is beautiful. Good luck with the exams...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ingrid,
    What an amazing scarf. Really pretty. I love the bright colours :-). I hope your tests went well :-D. Have a nice Monday :-).

    Sweet greetings,
    Emily
    (casacreaemilia.blogspot.nl)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ingrid! I missed your blogposts, glad you're back! Wow, examens Nederlands... lastig! Ik hoop dat je inspanningen gewenst resultaat zullen hebben! Oftewel: ik hoop dat je geslaagd bent voor je examens. Even geduld dus nog...
    Superleuk sjaaltje weer! Echt zomers vrolijk. Groetjes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bedankt, Lizette! Ja, hoor, ik denk het ging goed. xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Ingrid
    what a beautiful scarf it's a shame the wool is discontinued. Its always the way when you find something nice.
    Good look with your exams.

    Jacky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jacky, well, I'm glad that I found it, one ball is still better than none! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love the colors! Do share at my link up tomorrow. Have a Perfect week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind, I will do! Take care! xx

      Delete
  6. Amazing colours! Hope that your exam went well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would wear this scarf too!
    Wonderful how you found only that one skein of yarn :-)
    Meant to be indeed!
    Have a nice week,
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Sigrid! I think the flower pattern works really well in all sorts of yarn! And I just love Noro!!! Enjoy your week, too! xx

      Delete
  8. Love the scarf, hope you get perfect results on your exams.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely. Too bad you can't get more of that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Signe! Sometimes you have to make a virtue out of it, it's an interesting challenge! xx

      Delete
  10. The scarf is lovely! And such a lovely yarn. Good luck with your exams.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amalia, you know how I just couldn't resist it!!! xx

      Delete
  11. fab yarn...Noro is one of my favourite yarns xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely! I think I might use it more often! xx

      Delete
  12. Hi Ingrid! The pattern for the scarf matches phenomenally with the yarn and make this one exquisite piece!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been admiring this scarf for a while. I don't know why I hadn't left a compliment here before now (probably got interrupted while staring at it such is life with children)
    I love the colours, pattern and everything about it. It looks very very good on you - perfectly matched to you in colouring, complexity and originality. Looking fabulous, Ingrid. :-)

    ReplyDelete