Saturday 11 June 2016

I just love colourful crochet shawls!


Hello, my dear blog friends,


Good to see you back here! And a hearty welcome to my newest followers, you are very welcome and I value your input and comments, and appreciate your time!

Today I want to do a review post, one that looks back at some of my previous makes.

As you can see from the title, I just love colourful shawls. You might have noticed this before. It just struck me when I wrote my last two posts, and I warned you to wear your sunglasses!!!

Afterwards I thought to myself, wouldn't it be fun, if I took a look at some of my shawls and took some photos. So that is what I did! And I really enjoyed it, looking at all that colour together.

And the naughty cats proceeded to walk, no run and skid, across my shawls which meant I had to lay them all out properly once again.

So here they are, some of my colourful shawls, most of them are for the summer. Enjoy!


Scheepjes CAL2015: Flight of Fancy, my own Rainbow Circle Shawl, a small neckerchief South Bay Shawlette, All at Sea Shawl, Elise Shawl, Veritas Triangle Shawl, Minty Green Shawl





Here is a striped Crocodile Stitch Scarf I made some time ago (love how the stripes match up)

My Noro Lion's Foot Stitch Scarf in the middle

Some Skinny Scarves made from Katia Yarn, made with a 2mm hook

Here you can see that my colourful South Bay Shawl really steals the show, it is huge!

If you want to find out more about any of these shawls, just click on the right side bar on the tag called 'Shawl' and it will bring up all the posts that I tagged like that!

Obviously I forgot some, like the Tahiti Shawl I made last summer, it must be somewhere else...

And of course there are the two woollen South Bay Shawls which are draped over my chair where I sit, I didn't include them in the picture because there wouldn't have been enough floor space!

It makes me very happy to think that I got all these shawls waiting for me, that I can pick and choose which one to wear, according to my fancy! And to know, that they are unique, that I made them myself, also fills me with pleasure and joy!

I think this is something we all got in common, when we make things for ourselves and others - it brings joy to the maker and to the wearer.



Hope you liked this post, feel free to leave your comments, it's always great to hear from you!

Have a nice weekend!

25 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrid,
    I love your colourful shawls. They look beautiful. I don't know which one would be my favorite. Have a nice weekend.

    Sweet greetings,
    Emily
    (casacreaemilia.blogspot.nl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Emily, I know! Sometimes it is hard to choose... ;) Enjoy yours, too! xx

      Delete
  2. Good idea to take a look at the scarfs you made, I had that thought about my blankets. You can see your love of colour, the pictures are almost 'exploding' of colour.
    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sigrid, for your kind comments! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful array of colour seeing them all together. A wonderful selection, you certainly will always have one to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine, thanks for that. I feel it is practically a self portrait in crochet, it shows how I am! xx

      Delete
  4. They are all wonderful Ingrid.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous selection, love the colour and aren't they so useful on a chilly night? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one can deny that you love colour!! I wish that I was as brave with colour as you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amy, well you can always start small and work your way up, trying out different colour combinations! :) xx

      Delete
  7. They're all so beautiful! I love how bright and colourful they are :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, good to see you! :) Thanks for your kind words! :) xx

      Delete
  8. Hi Ingrid
    what a ray of colours and different styles.
    You should be really proud of yourself there beautiful.

    Jacky

    ReplyDelete
  9. It makes me happy to look at all this prettiness, Ingrid.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amalia! It makes me happy, too! xx

      Delete
  10. What a riot of colour. Very Funky of course! Hey Ingrid you won a cock making kit on my blog today. Send me an email with your address and I can send it out to you this week. joeveryday19@gmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jo! That's wonderful news, I emailed you with my details!!! Thank you!! xx

      Delete
  11. My cats would have a blast walking and laying all over those lovely handknits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Kathy, I can just picture it! Seems cats and crochet/knitting go well together!! :) xx

      Delete
  12. Hi Ingrid,
    I love your colour bursts. Putting all of those shawls together is a fun way to play with colour and a happy record of your vivid creations. Did you find yourself reliving the happiness of when you first made them?
    I am currently working on a colourful scarf using broomstick crochet and am so pleased with the colors in the yarn. I'm going to see if it is the same as one of the yarns you used here. Your shawls are bright and sunny like the summertime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ingrid,
    I love your colour bursts. Putting all of those shawls together is a fun way to play with colour and a happy record of your vivid creations. Did you find yourself reliving the happiness of when you first made them?
    I am currently working on a colourful scarf using broomstick crochet and am so pleased with the colors in the yarn. I'm going to see if it is the same as one of the yarns you used here. Your shawls are bright and sunny like the summertime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ingrid,
    I love your colour bursts. Putting all of those shawls together is a fun way to play with colour and a happy record of your vivid creations. Did you find yourself reliving the happiness of when you first made them?
    I am currently working on a colourful scarf using broomstick crochet and am so pleased with the colors in the yarn. I'm going to see if it is the same as one of the yarns you used here. Your shawls are bright and sunny like the summertime. :-)

    ReplyDelete