Friday 20 March 2015

Too many WIPS?? Japanese Crochet Flower, Crochet Basket pendant, Linen Stitch and Shell pattern

Hello my dear blogfriends!

I'm back with some more updates, finally!!! How have you all been? Hope you had a chance to enjoy the first warm rays of sunshine. We had some lovely spring days, but now it seems we are back to colder weather again.

For me it has been a busy time, but it seems there have been too many WIPs. I have ideas aplenty, but never enough time! Isn't that the problem for any crafter? Let's see what I have made recently?!

A new Japanese crochet flower pattern

I came across a wonderful crochet pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crochet-japanese-flower. The pattern is free and easy to follow! If you like the look of it, why not try it out?

Here are some photos of my flowers:


Japanese crochet flower

I will probably need to make evern more, not sure whether to make them into a long shawl or a triangle one.

A tiny Crochet Basket Pendant

On further crochet news, I was inspired by some small crochet baskets which were made as pendants I saw on Pinterest. I thought to myself that I wanted to try this! So I used some strong thread and a tiny crochet hook and made my own crochet basket pendant! It's smaller than one cent!


My Crochet Basket Pendant

Colourful Knitting

On the knitting front, I made this piece from the Rowan Colourscape yarn I bought recently.

Rowan Colourscape Chunky
Knitted up in a 4 row rib
Here next to an old WIP (right) from the same yarn, in a different colourway

What am I making? Well, I knitted the first part maybe 3-4 years ago and it was left as a WIP because I moved to Belgium and forgot about it. As I decided that this year I would try and complete some of my WIPs, I dug it out again. Initially I wanted to make a cowl. After knitting up the second piece I thought this is too nice just to make a cowl from, so I will make a sleeveless cardigan from it instead. Unfortunately it has to be put on hold for now, until I can get more of this yarn! I just love the colours!!!


A new Baby Alpaca Beanie Hat

Remember the yarn I bought last winter in the LN Knits shop in Antwerp? I knitted it up in a cosy soft Beanie with a sort of basket weave pattern!

Trying on my new Beanie
100% Pure Baby Alpaca Love

A Neon Linen Stitch Cowl

A while ago, I got greatly inspired by another blogger, the lovely Roobeedoo because she made a most amazing cowl, read about it on her blogpost here! I vowed to myself that I also wanted to try this linen stitch and use some very bright yarn! I struck lucky with two different sock yarns.

They are quite different from each other, so I thought the result should be very interesting!

I love knitting it because it is so vibrant, the only thing is that it grows incredibly slowly, because 421 stitches per row and 3mm needles and the stitch itself makes knitting slower than usual. However, the result is more like a woven fabric and fascinating.

If you check out ravelry, there are a number of ideas when you search 'linen stitch'.
Oh, and do follow Roobeedoo if you enjoy knitting and/or clothesmaking!

This yarn was just calling out to me!!!

421 colourful stitches on the needles
A little bit of balcony knitting with Cleo

And back to more crochet...

I'm in the middle of making and designing my own baby cardigan for a friend. It's all a bit of trial and error at the moment!!

Another WIP : Working on a baby cardigan
Heart Key Rings

I made these 10 little Heart Key rings yesterday, it was a fun project. They are made with Scheepjeswol Stone Washed yarn.


Crochet Heart Key Rings

And finally I started on a new crochet project last night: Making a Crochet Jumper, something I have not done before. I chose Scheepjeswol Stone Washed XL yarn and I am using a 5.5mm hook.

This is how far I got by now:

New Crochet Shellstitch Jumper


New WIP: Crochet Shell Stitch Jumper


Well, it has been a good thing to list all my WIPs! Here I thought I hadn't achieved very much during the last 2 weeks, but looking back, it was more than I assumed!

Oh, and I nearly forgot: I got hooked on watching 'The Great British Sewing Bee' which was very inspiring and fun, also gripping! Did you watch it? If you haven't seen it yet and get the opportunity I highly recommend it to you all! It doesn't matter if you sew much or not, it is thrilling to watch!

I wish you all a lovely and happy weekend ahead, enjoy the sunshine if you can!

What will you be making?

Let me know! Leave me a comment, I love reading them all! Thanks for your time! :)

43 comments:

  1. So many projects Ingrid, you are certainly a very busy bee. I love the heart key rings they would make super little gifts, or gift toppers. It is cold here too, not at all spring like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine! Thanks for your comments! I guess you could also use the hearts on cards! I hope the weather gets warmer soon!!! Have a good weekend! :) xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you for some great ideas! I really should get into some smaller things like this in preparation for gift giving and fund raising.

      Delete
  2. So many Wip! I love tour Neon Linen Stitch Cowl it's so bright and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Silvia! Thanks! I'm also looking forward to seeing it grow! *excited* :) xx

      Delete
  3. So much colourful progress! You make me want to get on with more crochet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ruth, for your lovely comment! :) Perhaps you should pick up a crochet hook now and then? Well, your recent crochet bag is lovely, just saw it! I meant to tell you about linking to your blog, didn't get the chance as we have been out all day today!
      Anyhow, thanks for always inspiring me afresh, I love reading your blog! ;) xx

      Delete
  4. Ingrid, that Japanese flower is lovely. We've had a relapse - it is a cold and gloomy, rainy day, so your bright colors are just what I need :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amalia! Thank you, I totally agree! Here it is so grey and cold, barely 5 degrees today! Where is spring?
      Have a nice sunday! xx

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness you are making my head spin with all of your wonderful projects. I am simply working on a baby blanket, really only one thing, what is wrong with me?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mere, thanks for your funny comment! There is absolutely nothing wrong with you! I'm glad you can focus enough on just one thing, I just cannot seem to do it! Looking forward to seeing your blanket! :) Hugs!!! xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Meredith, sorry to interrupt but I agree with Ingrid - being able to focus and follow something through to completion without distraction is just as valuable as being able to multi-task! A lot of people are great at getting started but not so great at finishing them off. If doing one thing at a time helps you to see it through, keep doing it that way. :-)

      Delete
  6. Hi Ingrid, your handwork is so lovely!
    http://chingchailah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ingrid, your handwork is so lovely!
    http://chingchailah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for reading my post, lovely to have you here. Glad you enjoyed it! I love using colour in my work, it brightens my day! :) Take care! xx

      Delete
  8. I'm impressed still and again by so so many wips !!! How do you do ??
    Have a creative sunday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Geraldine, Thanks so much! You too!!! xx

      Delete
  9. So viele Sachen in Arbeit und fertig, dein Tag muss mehr als 24 Stunden haben! Wip´s oder UFO´s dürfen auch mal sein, finde ich, manchmal kommt man dadurch erst auf eine neue Idee. Den Linen stich möchte ich auch irgendwann mal probieren, aber es geht wohl langsam voran?!
    Die Bilder der Hobby Salon Ausstellungf in Antwerpen finde ich interessant, sicher etwas ähnliches wie die Creativa. Am Wochenende werde ich zum ersten Mal mit Bekannten zum Spinnen nach Arnhem fahren, darauf freue ich mich schon und hoffe halbwegs zu verstehen.
    Mach´s gut, Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Birgit! Danke fuer deine lieben Kommentare! :) Ich wuensche dir viel Spass mit deiner Reise!!! :) xx

      Delete
  10. I love the Japenese flowers. Everything you have made or are in the process of making is really lovely. You've been very busy. I have too many projects on the go as well which means I don't get as much time as I'd like for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gillian! I'm very excited as I am nearly finished with the crochet part of my new jumper today!!! I dread sewing up this multitude of ends, though, so many of them! I did a test fitting today and I love it already! Just wished that warmer weather will come soon! Have a nice week! :) xx

      Delete
  11. Wow! You have been very busy. You have given us so much wonderful colour and such a variety of project types in this post. Thanks for sharing your progress on your sleeveless cardigan. Even though it is a WIP, your photo is very useful to see how the Rowan Colourscape colours work up. Your Japanese flowers are divine - a most effective colour choice. I am astounded at the tiny basket pendant - how are your eyes after working that one? What is the tiniest hook you own? Mine is a 0.6 mm. Is there anything tinier than that? What did you use? Do you have a magnifier for such tiny projects? The tassel finishes it off with flair. I love the look and 'swish' of tassels and fringing even though they can be impractical at times. I love visiting your blog for the variety and colours that make me happy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodie! I think I used a 1.5mm hook, which is not the tiniest, but since the thread was quite thin, the stitches came out tiny. Luckily I had good daylight! However, sometimes I use my Magnifying Lamp (when working with the seed beads for example). I love tassels!!! Glad to hear that you enjoy reading my blog, I like to return the compliment! :) xx

      Delete
  12. Hi there! Het was eventjes geleden dat ik kwam spieken op je blog of je al een nieuw berichtje had. En nu blijkt er al een aantal dagen een nieuw berichtje op te staan! Dus ik ben een beetje laat...
    Je hebt niet stil gezeten he, leuke werkjes weer. Wip's aangepakt en nieuwe dingen begonnen! Benieuwd naar je jumper. En die cardigan (ook die voor de baby!). Dat breien in die weefsteek ziet er ook fleurig uit zeg! Wat gaat het worden als het af is?
    Groetjes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lizette! Geen probleem! Ik ben er blij als jij eventjes langs komt hier!! De jumper is afgehaakt, maar nu ben ik al bezig met wegstoppen van de draadjes.. rond 200.... phew!!!! De cardigan voor het baby meisje moet ik nog eens beginnen voor de juiste maat. De gebreide linenstitch werd een col!
      Fijne weekend!! :) xx

      Delete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing at my link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great projects Ingrid! Jammer dat we hier niet de Stonewashed van Scheepjeswol kunnen krijgen, ik zie dat je er veel mee werkt. Prachtig gehaakte bloemetjes! Allemaal inspirerend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankje, Hetty! Deramores.com heeft een online winkel voor klanten in de hele wereld. Zij verkopen ook de Stonewashed! :) xx

      Delete
  15. All your makes and wip's are so gorgeous! I especially love the wonderful Japanese flowers! Wishing you a very Happy Easter, Ingrid!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen! Hope you had a nice Easter, too! We visited England that weekend! : xx

      Delete
  16. I must say I am in love with the flowers and can only imagine the beautifulness of the shawl you are going to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maya! Yes, I also love the flowers! I still got many more to make! :) xx

      Delete
  17. Hallo Ingrid! I know all about WIPs-goodness though yours are so well on the way. I love your design for the baby cardigan, it should be stunning. The flowers are just gorgeous too. So glad you liked the Sewing Bee, yes it is such a great show! It has inspired me to get back to the machine too, then I found a box full of unfinished sewing projects!! Hope you had a lovely Easter,
    Best wishes
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison! Well, the baby cardigan has been put on hold since the baby has grown in the meantime, I need to restart it.... On the sewing front I got news - I will do a post about my recent sewing projects, check back soon! :) xx

      Delete
  18. Hoihoi, alles goed? Ik mis nieuwe blogposts van jou... Groetjes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Lizette! Ja, ik weet het!!! Ik ben er al bezig met zovel dingen en ik heb ook een problem met mijn laptop zodat ik heel weinig online ben. Maar ik gaa nu eens een nieuw post schrijven... ;) xx

      Delete
  19. Hallo Ingrid! Wat ben je aan het maken? Kan je nog op dinsdagavond komen breien? Ik stuur je nog wel een mailtje!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bedankt, Christine! Het was een leuk breiavond gisteren. Mijn nieuwe schal komt eran... :)) xx

      Delete
  20. Hello Ingrid, you are such a busy bee. I love linen stitch I designed and published a crochet version, I'm quite pleased with the results . Its is wonderful way to use those balls of random dyed yarns. Yours looks stunning and cleo seems loves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helda! Hope you are keeping well?! Thanks for your sweet comments! Yes, I'm also making progress with it, slowly! :) xx

      Delete
  21. Dear Roberta! Thanks so much for your kind comments! I have added your blog to my reading list! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Angella! Lovely to see your versions of the scarf. And you even made two of them!!! Well done! :) I love your ombre and rainbow colours! Glad to meet someone who also seems to love colour as much as I do!!
    Take care.
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete