Thursday 18 June 2015

My new Veritas Triangle Shawl

Hello my lovely blogfriends!

Thank you for your lovely comments about my latest post. And welcome to my latest followers, I hope you will enjoy reading this new post today!

I am slowly starting to realize that I really love making shawls in the Summer, because they are so versatile to wear and equally fun to make!

The following shawl was really quick to make! I got the pattern from a woolshop here in Belgium - at Veritas. They often have free leaflets called #how to create. I picked up one that was called 'Driehoekige sjaal met pailletjes' (Triangular shawl with Sequins).

Sadly I couldn't find a direct link to the pattern which is written in Dutch.

Here is my Veritas Triangle Shawl!




Here you can see how it came about

Recently I went to Breiboetiek Debby in Antwerp to get more of the Katia Jaipur for my Rustic Lace Squares.

There I found some random yarn at reduced prices. After a good rummage in the box, I came up with the following:


6 balls of 50g , Three in a pale Sea green/Putty colour, one in Cream, and one each of different natural coloured balls with hints of browns, blues, green and orange.

I had never made a shawl from odd balls of yarn before! I thought it would work because these were all natural shades that look good together.

The pattern didn't look too difficult, and with a 5.5mm hook the shawl started to grow fast!


I started on the 5th June, the weather was sunny and I enjoyed crocheting on our balcony.

I alternated the colours, using the Sea green/Putty colour as my main colour because I had the most of this one.

  

I love the subtle stripes and colours. When it was finished only 3 days later, I added some tassels from the remaining yarn.


The finished shawl!


08.06.15 Tadah! My finished Shawl



The finished shawl measures 136 cm wide x 60 cm long (without the tassels, they measure approx 14 cm).

I already have worn this shawl a lot, it is soft and great when you are sitting somewhere with the airconditioning, protecting you against a chill.

My Tahiti Shawl - an update

Meanwhile I am concentrating on my Tahiti Shawl to get it finished. I'm hoping to show it to you all soon, but there is still quite a bit to do! You can see my recent progress here:


My Tahiti Shawl

The reason this one is taking longer is the difference in yarn! It is very thin cotton and I am only using a 3 mm hook. Also the size is a lot bigger, the width is approx 177 cm! So it will end up bigger overall!

What is your favourite summer project? Have you made something recently that you are already wearing now?

I'd love to read your comments, please feel free to add them below! Thank you for taking the time!

Happy summer crocheting!!!







21 comments:

  1. Oh I love the first one. The colors are truly sea and sand. Perfect for summer. I invite you to share at my link up party. Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Monica! Yes, very much a Beach Shawl, you are right.
      Thanks for the opportunity with the link party! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful shawl, the colour combination is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine! I am also pleased how well they go together! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely veritas triangle shawl. It looks nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours on your Veritas shawl work very well - good spotting and good bargain hunting! :-)
    As for summer projects, it is hard to think of any because it is winter for me at the moment but I usually choose smaller, lighter projects like jug covers, tea towels, washcloths, baby items and amigurumis.
    Your Tahiti shawl will be perfect for spring and summer when you are done. The colours remind me of a summer holiday in the tropics.
    Happy summer crocheting to you too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jodie! Yes, I forgot about that, you are having to think of winter now. I went back to the same wool shop today and also noticed that they are starting to stock the new yarns for the second half of the year, some lovely mohair and silk yarns!!! *swoon* xx

      Delete
  5. Your shawl looks beautiful, I love shawls very much, as well. Ich could wear them almost every day. I am still working on my blankets but I recognised that I need some smaller projects too. Maybe a shawl? Have a nice day, Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Viola! Shawls are great, aren't they? I just looked at your blankets and they are going to be wonderful!!! Try not to think about the ends, just keep doing them now and then!! xx

      Delete
  6. Wunderschöner Schal... Seufz... Und Danke für den Hinweis mit Veritas - habe gleich mal reingeschaut (zum Glück habe ich ja keine Probleme mit dem Flämischen)! Weiterhin viel Spaß beim Häkeln!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marjan! Ja, es ist gut, dass Du es auch so lesen kannst! Die haben immer wieder was neues zum Selbermachen und natuerlich sammle ich Muster, wo immer ich sie finden kann! Momentan habe ich einiges durch pinterest gefunden, vor allem interessante Haekelmuster!

      Delete
  7. I love the pattern for your first shawl. I personally love more colour in it but hey, now it fits with everything. It's a great shawl. Have a nice evening.

    Sweet greetings,
    Emily
    (Casacreaemilia.blogspot.nl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Emily! I agree, I also usually go for a more colourful look. :) xx

      Delete
  8. Both shawls are very pretty aren't they!!! It really does show the difference that hook size and yarn make though doesn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! I know!!! I find it really satisfying when something works up so quickly! Happy that I can wear it straight away! :) xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Ingrid, I haven't called in for a while. I love that festival shawl and the one you are wearing in this post. I had a shawl crazy year last year so I am on useful cardigans now after doing me made may
    http://joeveryday19'blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, nice to see you back! Hahaha!!! I must get onto cardigans as well, I've seen a nice pattern for a crochet one.... ;) xx

      Delete
  10. Wat een mooie shawl is dat geworden zeg! En lekker snel af, fijn projectje. Shawls haken is heerlijk, hihi. Jammer genoeg draag ik ze zelf nauwelijks... Daarom maak ik er af en toe maar eentje voor iemand anders :) Ik sla deze ook op! En ik wil ook de Jacobs schelpen sjaal nog eens maken, hihi.
    Succes ook met de Tahiti! Dat duurt wel wat langer met naald 3 ja... Doei

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lizette! Dankjewel! Jammer dat dit patroon niet op de Veritas site staat, maar je kan het wel in de Veritas winkel krijgen!! :) xx

      Delete
  11. Thank you for sharing at my link up in week 25,
    you are welcome to share again now :o)

    ReplyDelete