Tuesday 3 January 2017

Peony Crochet Cowl

Hello Blog friends,


I am trying to get back to regular blogging, so I will keep these posts more bite size!!!

Since I have already finished two projects in January, I want to show them to you.

For today I will tell you about a new lacy cowl I made over New Year's Eve.


The Peony Cowl


I went through my stash to look for some mohair yarn and came across two balls of Wendy Air Mohair Yarn, each weighing 25g.

I wanted to make a soft and fluffy cowl, ideal for this cold weather!

I started to experiment with different stitches and came up with this enjoyable pattern.

The yarn is held double throughout, a 5mm hook was used.

Here is what my finished cowl looks like, it took only a day!


funkycrochet - Peony Cowl 01.01.2017

Cowl details


Starting with Fuchsia Pink colour



Finished size: 60cm circumference x 29.5cm deep.

Wendy Air: 70% Mohair, 30% Nylon. 200m.

This yarn feels extremely soft, even worn next to the skin.

Here is the link to my Ravelry page, I will add more details at a later date.

Ravelry: Peony Cowl


Hope you find this useful for inspiration, please let me know what you think!

I will tell you about my second project in the following post!









7 comments:

  1. Wohoooo, alreay finishen project on the 3rd day of this new year! :) Like your col though!
    Groetjes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ingrid,
    It looks really cute. I love the pink and it looks really fluffy.
    Have a nice day.

    Sweet greetings,
    Emily
    (casacreaemilia.blogspot.nl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! It is super fluffy indeed! :)

      Delete
  3. It is beautiful Ingrid, how have you finished two projects already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get these creative ideas that drive me to making them in a flurry. Both projects took a day each. xx

      Delete