Thursday 12 May 2016

Finished Pittura Cardigan

Hello my dear blog friends,


After recently finishing my Pittura Cardigan (I first blogged about it in this post), I took plenty of photos so I could show you what it looks like!


Finished project - Pittura Cardigan

The original pattern is called Winkle Vest by Tracy St. John (you can find it via Ravelry).

I used 3 x 100g balls of Louisa Harding Pittura yarn in the colourway Kahlo (604). Basically I kept going until there was only a tiny amount of yarn left. I managed to do 2x rounds of double crochet along each of the outside edges. This helped to reinforce some of the stress points, such as neckline and arm holes.

The yarn is very soft and feels light when worn. The cardigan has got a beautiful drape. The original pattern is an open Gilet type cardigan without any closures. I added buttons and crochet loops to the yoke so I can close it.


funkycrochet : Pittura Cardigan is finished!

I added 3 matching green buttons

The top part of the cardigan

The lacy Shell stitch pattern






Cardigan back


You can see that the front hem deeps lower than the back

The front measured from neckline to hem is 70cm long, the back only 54cm. These measurements are great for me because I'm very tall. The cardigan covers my back and keeps me warm!






The shell pattern shows off the beautiful colour flecks
I found this pattern easy to follow and a great way to construct a cardigan. The shell pattern was easy and the yarn was ideal for this. I crochet quite loosely and I love the stretchiness of the resulting fabric! This yarn would be great for a shawl or equally a blanket!

It was the first time that I ordered yarn from https://www.tangled-yarn.co.uk/ who provide a great and friendly service and also ship internationally. I can recommend this online shop, they specialize in hand dyed yarn and source also from smaller suppliers. I also bought the wool for my Feather and Fan scarf there!

I couldn't resist and placed another order which arrived today which includes more Pittura yarn in a different colourway (more of that in the future). Disclaimer: I was not asked to write this, I only did it because I wanted to share it with you!

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, maybe you would like to leave a comment below? I'm so pleased that you have stopped by! Until next time!


Very pleased with my new Cardigan!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrid
    another lovely make where do you get the time to do all of these lovely projects.
    I'm retired and i don't seem to have the time.
    Jacky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jacky,

      Thank you for your lovely comment! I am at home so I got time, but I also tend to take my crochet everywhere with me, I crochet on the bus/tram, at the bus stop, in waiting rooms, watching TV etc. I never get bored!!! ;) For me it's a way of life and my own enthusiasm that drives me. Everybody is different though, and most people have other tasks/obligations that they need to do which uses their energy and time. I am sure you achieve lots of other great things that I don't... the last two days I had some pains in my wrist so I had to ease up and tell myself to do very little crochet. I found it quite hard... I just get carried away!

      Thanks for taking the time to stop by, I always enjoy your comments and value your opinion! :) Take care! xx

      Delete
    2. Oh Ingrid! Don't overdo it! Repetitive strain injuries from knitting and crochet are insidious. Make sure you change your activity as soon as you feel any discomfort. Some injuries cannot be fixed once they happen. You don't want to end up with permanent disability. It's not worth it. Take care, my friend xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Ingrid,

    What a really nice cardigan. it looks really good on you. I love the colours of the yarn. Well done. Hope you have fun wearing it.

    Sweet greetings,
    Emily
    (casacreaemilia.blogspot.nl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Emily! Thanks for your comments! I'm very pleased with it. :) xx

      Delete
  3. It really suits you, a great pattern and a beautiful colour. Love the addition of the buttons. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine! Yes, I think that cardigan just needed buttons, glad that I had some nice ones in my stash. xx

      Delete
    2. Lorraine is right - it needed buttons or some sort of closure to make it more versatile.

      Delete
  4. This is such a lovely design...beautiful pattern, yarn and colour...and it really suits you! You even found the perfect buttons too :)
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very much, Helen! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingrid, I love it! Well done my friend, the yarn is perfect for that great pattern. You can wear that sweater year round, it is wonderful.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nou zeg, dat ziet er toppie uit! Je zult vast veel plezier hebben van dit handige vestje.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for sharing at my link party

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still amazed at your quick 'turnaround' making that cardi - looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We create best products.Each garment is designed to be long-lasting, durable and competitively priced for wholesale and retail environments. Our best products includes cardigan sweatshirts suppliers

    ReplyDelete