Saturday 2 April 2016

More crochet news - Lion's foot flower stitch Scarf

Welcome back,


Crochet lion's foot flower stitch
 

On YouTube I found this helpful crochet tutorial on Oana's crochet channel:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpvI5Af2xl8


I was intrigued by the idea that you need to crochet in a right direction for the first row which is quite unusual! The whole flower pattern is made by working only 3 rows. As a result you will have a long flower ribbon which could be used as a border to an existing project (blanket, top, etc).



On the other hand, you can work several of these flower ribbons and join them as you work. This results in a larger 'fabric' and can be used to construct clothing and blankets.




How this works is all shown in the video.

I felt very inspired and decided to give it a go. So I started work on a Flower crochet Shawl, using some yarn I recently bought at Wolle Roedel in Germany.

The yarn is called Rico Creative Sport Print DK. 50 g = 145 m, suggested needle size 4.5 - 5.5mm.
It's a mix of 50% cotton and 50% Acrylic which makes it super soft and squishy!

You can also order it online: Rico Creative Sport Print dk 50g  (of course you might also find it at your own retailer!)


Here you can see my work in progress. I love the subtle changes of colour! You can see I'm using a 4mm hook which feels right to me as I crochet fairly loosely.



 


I am making a long scarf, but it would be really easy to join it to make a lovely cowl! I'm still working on it, one section at a time. I will let you see it when it is finished!

I wonder what you think of it, please let me know and leave me a comment below!

Hope you enjoyed this project!         

21 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a really interesting pattern, it sure does make a lovely scarf.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm making it for my mum's birthday! She chose the yarn, but she doesn't know the pattern. It will be a surprise! xx

      Delete
  2. You have me thinking about how to combine ribbon/braid patterns like this with other 'ribbon' techniques like hairpin crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jodie! That's an interesting idea. Have you ever tried hairpin crochet? xx

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful pattern! I love the colour you've chosen too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that is a nice pattern! Lovely for a summer scarf or shawlette! And I really do like yoining as you go :) it would not be that nice of it all were loose flowers... really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Lizette! I think I might use it again for something else at some time! xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Ingrid,

    That looks really pretty. Beautiful flowers for spring :-). hihi. Looks great. Have a nice Tuesday.

    Sweet greetings,
    Emily
    (casacreaemilia.blogspot.nl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we could use some spring flowers here! Only the magnolia tree is flowering so far!
      Take care, Emily! xx

      Delete
  6. Hallo,

    dein Blog und vor allem deine Häkelarbeiten gefallen mir. Ich werde jetzt öfter reinschneien.

    Gruß
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallo Lisa und willkommen! :) Schoen, Dich hier zu sehen! Mach's Dir gemuetlich! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallo Ingrid,
    der Stich ist tatsächlich außergewöhnlich und außergewöhnlich schön obendrein - muß ich auch mal ausprobieren!
    Liebe Grüße,
    Marjan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing at my party last week. You WON! most clicked link :) A New party is open tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Monica! It is nice to hear that people found this link interesting! Thanks, I will join again when I have new posts! xx

      Delete
  10. Such beautiful stitch. I'm sure your scarf will turn out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Olga, Thanks for your visit and comment! My scarf is finished, I will blog about it soon! :) xx

      Delete
  11. Please tell me that there is a written pattern and where I can find it…? I have been looking all day for one, can’t do YouTube…

    ReplyDelete