Tuesday 19 April 2016

Finished project: Lion's Foot Crochet Flower Stitch Scarf

Hello my lovely blog friends,


Another week has started, where does the time go? Hope you all had a nice weekend. And a quick shout out to my newest followers, thanks for joining in!


I can now reveal my finished Flower Stitch Scarf, I have first blogged about it in this post here.


Lion's Foot Crochet Flower Stitch Scarf


 


 




 
 


In the end I used 5 x balls of the cotton mix yarn which resulted in 6 long strands of flowers which were crocheted together as you work on the flowers.

The yarn is variegated and has subtle shades ranging from white to a deep pink. I didn't block the scarf which would have made it wider, but instead preferred the natural elasticity.

The finished size is 168 cm long and 28 cm wide. Long enough to wear wrapped around the neck or as a long shawl.

The scarf feels very soft and light! Great for Spring and Summer!

It will be a gift for my mum on her upcoming Birthday!




Hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what you think! I look forward to your comments!

20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scarf and such a thoughtful gift. Love the flower stitch, its a pattern that I have never come across before, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine, glad you like it. I had never come across it before, either! It's not that difficult to do luckily. xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I bet your mum will be very glad with this scarf. I love the flowers in it!
    Take care,
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! This is a really nice pattern, and the yarn you chose looks soft and delicious. I have never made a summer scarf, maybe I should try it. Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Viola! One can never have to many shawls and scarves in my opinion... ;) If you want to make one, choose a soft and light yarn. xx

      Delete
  4. Hi what beautiful shawls i love the colours.
    I'm going to have to make one for myself.
    Thanks for the inspiration
    Jacky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jacky, I will be very interested to see your version! Just keep in touch and let me know... :) xx

      Delete
  5. Its great Ingrid! I am loving the color on you!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mere! It is a nice pink, my mother chose it herself! (But she hasn't seen the scarf yet!) xx

      Delete
  6. Ein wunderschöner Schal - sowohl das Blumenmuster als auch die Farbe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Susanne! Danke fuer Deinen Besuch! :) Deine Ravelry Seite Kann sich ja seheh lessen! Ich werde nun deinen Blog folgen! xx

      Delete
  7. Really nice! I want to try this pattern once. Such a lovely little flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lizette! You should give it a go, it's not difficult! Have fun! xx

      Delete
  8. Very pretty, Ingrid! We celebrate Mothers' Day in May in Australia and your scarf would be perfect as a Mothers' Day gift, especially in that pretty pink. Will you be seeing your mother on her birthday or does she live far away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jodie, Thank you! My mum lives in Germany and we will visit her this Saturday which is her actual birthday! Looking forward to it! xx

      Delete
  9. Wonderful! ♥ Lovely pattern and such a nice color play, it suits you very well! Have a good week!
    Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one beautiful scarf. Jo x

    ReplyDelete